Ask the students to spend time in ONE of the rooms, looking, and, if appropriate, touching and smelling the art. (Two of the exhibits have distinct aromas.) In some of the rooms, the students can look from all different perspectives, including lying down.
- Take a long time to look and, if appropriate, touch and smell, the art installation. Look from different perspectives.
- Make a list of 10 things you see.
- Take a lot of pictures, and, if you can, a video or Periscope broadcast or Vine.
- Read the quotes in the room. If they make you "see" something else, add it to your list.
- Enjoy the other exhibits.
- Back on the bus, look at your pictures, videos, and/or Vine.
- Make a NEW list of 10 things you "see" that were not on your original list.
- Share your lists with your bus partner.
- As a large group, explore what we saw and how looking in different ways changed or extended our view.